In this post we are going to show you how to program the FSI-1 Fretsense Interface firmware. While the changes to the FSI-1 firmware will not affect MIDI bass users we still recommend everyone does this.
IMPORTANT! In order to program the FSI-1 firmware using the Windows programmer you will need to have already installed the MIDI USB drivers (see article).
- Start with the FSI-1 turned off, the MIDI USB on the FSI-1 connected to the PC and the bass not connected to the FSI-1.
- Now press and hold the MUTE button on the FSI-1. While holding the MUTE button, press the POWER button on the FSI-1. The POWER LED will turn on and the MUTE LED will begin flashing slowly. This indicates the FSI-1 is in firmware programming mode.
- Run the programmer software FSI_1_Programmer_1.03.exe.
- Press the 'PROGRAM' button on the programmer. You should see blocks of data loading in the programmer's window.
- Wait a couple of minutes until the programmer reads 'Finished' then close the programmer.
- Switch off the FSI-1.