In this article we will update the firmware of any 4, 5 or 6-string Fretsense instrument using the Guitar Firmware Programmer for Mac.
This article covers updating the firmware of a Fretsense guitar or bass with a 15-pin connector and FSI-1 Fretsense Interface.
- Download the Guitar Firmware Programmer from the downloads page.
- Download the latest bass or guitar firmware file (.prg) from the downloads page.
- Connect the guitar to the FSI-1
- Connect the FSI-1 to the computer via USB cable.
- Turn on the FSI-1.
- Open the Guitar Firmware Programmer.
- Set both the Midi In and Midi Out ports to 'IR Fretsense Port 2'.
- Press the Select File & Program button and open the firmware file you downloaded.
- The guitar will now be programmed.
- Close the programmer and restart the FSI-1. You may need to wait a moment for the firmware to initialise.
Back to articles