In this article we will update the firmware of the FSI-1 Fretsense Interface using the FSI-1 Firmware Programmer for Windows.
IMPORTANT! In order to use the FSI-1 with a Windows computer you will need to have already installed the MIDI USB drivers (see article).
- Download the latest FSI-1 Firmware Programmer (.exe) from the downloads page.
- Connect the FSI-1 to the computer via USB cable but do not connect the guitar to the FSI-1.
- Put the FSI-1 into programming mode by holding down the MUTE button and simultaneously pressing the POWER button. You will see that the FSI-1 is in programming mode when the POWER LED is on hard on and the MUTE LED continuously blinks.
- Run the programmer.
- Press the Program button. You should then see blocks of data loading in the programmer's window.
- Wait a few moments until the programmer says 'Finished' then close the programmer.
- Restart the FSI-1.
Back to articles